Sunday, July 14, 2013

Real Talk.

Let's get real for a minute here.

I often am the culprit of censoring and editing my thoughts and words because, irrationally, I can't seem to stop caring what other people think.
Maybe it isn't that though. It possibly could be a combination of my own frailty and the constraints of societal stereotypes and cultural expectations about how I'm expected to act, talk, or feel.

The exact reason isn't relevant. What is relevant though, is the enlightening and liberating feeling of being able to explore and discover what you really feel, think, or believe for yourself. Not for anyone else, but just for you.

This is why I decided to create this blog. To facilitate a medium in which I could express those thoughts inside my head, to force them out into the physical world, even if it is just a blog on the internet. I want to write because "Writing does more than mirror our mind, it can clarify it, sharpen our thinking, and enrich our mind with an understanding that was not here before we wrote".

This is me, deconstructed, stripped away from all of the extraneous influences that affect me.
I feel like this is real. Life is real. You are real.
And that is what matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment